Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Hacker Justifies Turning in Wikileaks source

I 've been hearing a bit of talk about this lately and decided to do some research. I found this page: http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/060810-hacker-justifies-turning-in-wikileaks.html and watched the video that is on it. It truly is sad that something like this can happen to civilians.

In light of Adrian Lamo turning in the source, I have this to say:

- I believe that the source should have never said anything. Lamo is right when he says that the individual signed his own death warrant the minute that he revealed himself to someone other than wikileaks.
- I believe that Lamo did the right thing in handing over the information. All he needs is more problems with the law.
- I am a member of 2600 and will continue to read/buy it
- If placed in the same situation, every other person, including me, would do the same to protect their family.

2 comments:

  1. Not just protect my family, but someone who's busy using my tax dollars to gun down civilians & journalists needs to be stopped. The are far more people in need of shooting than unarmed civilians... -___- #

    And to quote someone who probably quoted someone else, "Make tea, not war!"

    ReplyDelete